From time to time I will jot a few notes on this page about my philosophy of funeral directing.
I want my staff to have a point of reference as they come to work at our Hathaway Family Funeral Homes facilities.
May 27, 2011
I was working a funeral this morning at St. Patrick’s Cemetery, Fall River and a few key words came to mind which describe my goals when I conduct a funeral.
- Calm assurance
- Attention to detail
- A touch of class, but NEVER stuffy
- Flow (keep things moving in one direction and keep things moving as smoothly as possible)
- Clear directions to family, friends and staff
- Have a plan, but modify as needed to support the prior goals
- Respect the people and the traditions they bring, none of us grew up in the same house